20. jan. 2014

News news news :)

 Labradorite and silver nest ring. *sold*

Malachite silver ring, in my Etsy shop

 Banded agate ring, in my Etsy shop. 
 
Large freshwater pearl ring in my Etsy shop. 

Making rings is one of my favorites, actually I started making jewelry because I wanted rings, rings and rings... And there were no way I could afford the rings I wanted. 
So, I started making my own.

I tend to make all kind of rings, often I start with a hunt for stones: 


... next step is the design, I have to plan what to make and how Its going to be worn: 


...Then I have to make the ring or necklace from sheets of silver, wire and silver pebbles.
Its a great hobby, best I can imagine.
I have my work station in the livingroom, at the dining table. 
That way I can be where my family is and still do what I love.

A litte quote from one of my favorite poets at the end of this story:
A certain minor light may still
Leap incandescent

Out of kitchen table or chair
As if a celestial burning took
Possession of the most obtuse objects now and then ...
Sylvia Plath

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.

share this